Cold Pressed Corn Germ Oil
Raw material used: 100% natural germ of Zea mays (corn) plant cultivated in Romania
INCI: Zea Mays (corn) germ Oil
Country of origin: Romania
Odour: Roasted nuts odour
Colour: clear golden yellow
Extraction Method: Obtained exclusively using cold pressing processes, without refining or using solvents
Benefits for General Health
Both omega-3 and omega-6 are known to work against inflammation when consumed in moderation in the body. This can help relieve symptoms of arthritis, as well as headaches, gastrointestinal problems and even inflammatory conditions of the skin.
Corn germ oil contains phytosterols in meaningful amount. The sterol compounds are derived from the plant sources and resemble the structure of cholesterol. The plant sterols are able to lower the absorption of cholesterol. Studies shows that addition of corn germ oil in diet helps to reduce cholesterol level.
Monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, flavonoids, and vitamin E all have antioxidant properties, which can help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body. When used in moderation, this oil can help to prevent chronic disease, while also helping to make the skin look and feel younger.
Some of the compounds in corn oil have been known to reduce allergic reactivity in the body, helping to keep symptoms of asthma and rhinitis at bay.
Whether you use corn oil directly on your skin or consume small amounts of it, the antioxidants and tocopherols in the oil will help prevent skin infections and help to relieve irritation, blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis. It can even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other age spots.
- The clear, golden yellow oil, which gives off a weak smell and taste, is used as table oil. Corn germ oil has an anti-inflammatory, cholesterol-lowering effect and helps digestion.
- It has a beneficial effect on ovarian cysts and generally has a positive effect on ovarian function. In the food sector, corn germ oil is used in the production of foodstuffs (margarine, mayonnaise, dietetic products, baby food).
- In the kitchen, corn germ oil is suitable for frying, steaming and refining of vegetables and salads.
- In the cosmetic industry, corn germ oil is also used in the production of soaps and hair care products.
- Corn germ oil is also used as a raw material for lubricants and leather care products in specialized industries.