Choose to include hemp oil in your diet and you will see benefits for sure!
Why cold pressed hemp oil PURA AGRO?
- We obtain hemp oil exclusively by cold pressing processes, without refining or using solvents
- The seeds used to produce PURA AGRO oil are 100% seeds of Romanian origin
- The cold pressing method, using exclusively mechanical processes, as opposed to the refining process, is the healthiest way to obtain vegetable oil. A cold pressed oil preserves the unaltered nutrients as well as all the vitamins and minerals found in the seeds.
- Our oils do not contain heavy metals, pesticides, additives or preservatives
- The packaging is made of dark glass to protect the oil from the sun’s rays, thus keeping the properties intact.
Benefits of consuming cold pressed hemp oil
Pura Agro hemp seed oil is produced from the seeds of Cannabis sativa. This hemp oil has a profile rich in nutrients, fatty acids and useful bioactive compounds.
Hemp seeds are an important source of polyunsaturated and essential fatty acids: linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3), in a ratio of 3: 1. It is considered to be in the optimal range.
- Internal. For cooking: Hemp oil has many uses in the kitchen. However, it is better to avoid exposure to heat when you want to use it for your meals. Hemp seed oil has a special aroma and fine taste. It is an excellent addition to salad dressings, pesto sauce, smoothies or other beverages.
- External. For skin and hair: You can apply hemp oil directly on the face, because it is easily absorbed or can be added to various face masks; as a massage base oil can be combined with other essential oils. It can also be added to your daily shampoo or conditioner.
Hemp oil – beneficial effects on health
It takes care of your heart health. It has been found that many of the nutrients in hemp seed oil support the healthy functioning of the heart. Alpha-linolenic acid may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. The content of omega-3 and omega-6 can also help lower blood cholesterol, thus protecting the heart.
Hemp oil appears to be effective in lowering cholesterol levels due to the β-sitosterols present and reduces the risk of problems such as arrhythmias and heart disease.
Anti-inflammatory role. The amount of omega-3 in hemp seeds and the healthy ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 together can help reduce inflammation. In addition, hemp seeds are a rich source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA). This is a polyunsaturated fatty acid that can also have anti-inflammatory effects.
Antirheumatic. In 2014, a research on human cells suggested that we can also use hemp oil for its potential anti-rheumatic effects.
In addition to fatty acids, hemp oil contains many vitamins and minerals. We are talking about calcium and vitamin D, B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. It has also been shown that hemp seed oil can help in the symptoms of PMS, mood disorders and diabetes.
Beneficial effects on skin and hair
- You can use hemp oil in the treatment of certain skin conditions, including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea. Favorable results are probably related to the composition of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) in hemp oil. In addition to hydration, the oil is also used to relieve the discomfort caused by itchy skin.
- Another benefit may be strengthening the skin’s defense system. The skin will play a better role in resisting viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
- The rich fatty acids in hemp oil can stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair. It will reduce the appearance of dry and split threads and prevent them from breaking in the future.
Why cold pressed hemp oil?
- Cold pressed oil is obtained at a maximum temperature of 40 ° C, thus keeping intact the content of vitamins and minerals. Excess temperature (up to 270 ° C) used during the refining process leads to loss of nutritional values of the oil. It also leads to the formation of unwanted chemicals, such as free radicals and trans fatty acids
- The cold pressing method is a mechanical process that does not require the addition of chemicals that can be harmful to health. Chemical solvents (hexane) are used in the refining process in order to extract a maximum amount of oil. Although hexane separates later, it is very likely to remain in small amounts in the finished oil.
- By cold pressing, the oils obtained retain their content of vitamins, minerals and poly and monounsaturated acids. The processes carried out during refining (degumming, bleaching, deodorization) lead to the disappearance of the active ingredients from the oil. It is also very possible that toxic residues may be found in the composition. They come from chemicals used in the production process or preservatives added to extend the shelf life.