Cold pressed oil – a term that our grandmothers did not hear of, but used all the time. We are obviously referring to cold pressed seed oil.
Cold pressed seed oil
Cold pressing is a traditional and natural way to produce oil. Seed oils are extracted without the use of chemicals or solvents, below 40 ° C, which ensures that the entire essence and nature of the oil is preserved. Processing at low temperatures helps to produce low levels of peroxide (PV). The natural colors and flavors of the oil are preserved and all essential nutrients, antioxidants, healthy fatty acids and vitamins such as A, B, C and E are kept in cold pressed oils. Once the oil has settled, it is filtered to guarantee its purity.
The benefits of seed oils
- High levels of unsaturated fatty acids: depending on the oil, this percentage can reach up to 85% polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- A high concentration of Omega 6 and Omega 3 with strong anti-inflammatory properties. These two fatty acids are essential fatty acids that cannot be synthesized in the human body.
- Rich in vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) and many other micronutrients, PURA AGRO oils help maintain overall health, including reducing cardiovascular diseases and pain due to inflammation
- Due to the antioxidants they contain, cold-pressed oils effectively fight free radicals, thus preventing cell degradation and the appearance of signs of aging.
Cold pressed seed oil – use
- They are used both for a healthy diet and in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry, with multiple benefits for beauty and health.
Without exception, all our products are used in the food industry. The Pura Agro product range offers everything you need to fit any modern, health-conscious lifestyle. Due to their aromatic taste and pleasant smell, they are perfect for salads and cold recipes, for cooking in fryers or in a frying pan.
Due to the high content of monounsaturated (omega 9, omega 7) and polyunsaturated (omega 3 and omega 6) fatty acids, PURA AGRO oils help increase the resistance of the epidermis to external factors and help maintain the beauty of the skin, hair and nails. , giving them optimal care both inside and out. They can be applied directly to the skin or hair or can be added to masks, creams, shower gels, shampoos, etc.
As food supplements can be used in liquid form or in soft capsules. Due to their unique fatty acid profile and high concentrations of micronutrients, oils are used either pure or mixed with other components. Micronutrients – vitamins E, A, C, K, minerals, carotenoids, flavonoids, etc.
Cold pressed oil or classic oil? What is the difference between these?
- Classic oil is very fluid and very light in color, not more viscous and more colorful as we know an oil should be . Why is this happening? Because nowadays in the fight for the highest possible productivity, the oil is overprocessed and treated with chemicals. And obviously, it is very diluted, meaning it has a lot of water in its composition. How else to be so cheap, fluid and pale?
- Another difference between classic and cold pressed oil is the processing temperature. What does this thing mean? Classic oil is obtained by high temperatures processing (up to 200 degrees Celsius), to extract a maximum amount of oil from the seeds. Due to the use of high temperatures in the processing process, a large part of the nutrients are lost.
- Another unnatural process is oil processing, a process by which the oil is cleaned with chemicals and hot steam.
Cold pressed oil
- It is 100% natural because it is obtained without the use of chemicals or high temperatures. At the same time, it is obtained by using cold presses, i.e strictly mechanical processes.
- Because of this, less oil is obtained from a kg of seeds, hence the higher price on the store shelf.
- Due to the fact that it is not heat treated, this cold pressed oil usually has a shorter shelf life than conventional oil.Cold pressed seed oils fully retain all the nutrients of the seeds, have a special fragrance and a specific aroma, pleasant, “with personality”, even.What do we get when we use it? Simple: health!
The advantages of cold pressed oil
- Your dishes will have a specific natural taste and a different flavor, but in the good sense of the word
- It is healthier because it retains all the nutritional qualities of the seeds from which it is produced
- The food will be much tastier. You will not realize it from the beginning, but gradually you will discover exactly the tasty ingredient.
Cold pressed grape seed oil
Cold pressed grape seed oil is an excellent source of vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), polyphenols and procyanidins, powerful antioxidants with anti-aging effect.
Cold pressed sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is one of the most appreciated edible oils in terms of nutrient physiology. In addition, sunflower oil is used in the food industry (margarine, salad dressings, mayonnaise).
Cold pressed corn germ oil
In food industry, this cold pressed corn germ oil is used for the production of food (margarine, mayonnaise, dietary products). In the kitchen, corn germ oil is suitable for frying, steaming. It is also good for perfecting the taste of vegetables and salads.